Music Network presents cellist Emmanuelle Bertrand and pianist Pascal Amoyel, on tour 21 - 20 March
09 February 2017
Music Network presents celebrated French cellist Emmanuelle Bertrand and acclaimed recitalist Pascal Amoyel (France) on tour 21 - 30 March
“A gleaming performance of Debussy’s Cello Sonata from Bertrand and pianist Pascal Amoyel” – The Guardian
“Together they make eloquent magic” – San Francisco Chronicle
“Rich pickings! Bertrand and Amoyel complement each other superbly.” – BBC Music Magazine
Drink in the honeyed tones of French cellist Emmanuelle Bertrand performing with long-term collaborator and acclaimed recitalist Pascal Amoyel on piano from 21 – 30 March on a Music Network tour. These two artists make a terrific duo, bringing real passion to everything they play. For their Irish tour they will perform a programme of Romantic music by Fauré, Saint-Saëns, Liszt, Brahms and music by Irish composer Kevin Volans. More details at musicnetwork.ie.
Music Network is delighted to showcase the celebrated French cellist Emmanuelle Bertrand, winner of a prestigious Victoire de la Musique Classique (a French Grammy). Acclaimed for her technical prowess, “haunting” lyricism and exquisite tone, Emmanuelle has performed as a soloist with the Flanders Symphony Orchestra, Moscow State Symphony Orchestra and Orchestre Symphonique du Grand Montréal amongst others.
Voted “Solo Instrumental Discovery of the Year” at the Victoires de la Musique in 2005, Pascal Amoyel has established himself as a pianist of note with an impressive career both as a soloist and a chamber musician, appearing with orchestras throughout Europe, America, Russia, Japan and China.
The duo have performed together for many years, garnering widespread acclaim from critics and audiences alike and in particular for the “wonderful singing quality” of their playing – the nuanced phrasing of Amoyel the perfect foil for the glowing tones and textures of Bertrand’s cello. Unmissable!
Music Network tours are funded by the Arts Council and are presented in association with RTÉ lyric fm. This tour is presented in partnership with the French Embassy in Ireland. Tickets for all regional concerts are available from individual venues around the country. Single tickets for Dublin concerts range from €10 – €20 (including concert programme) and can be purchased by calling Music Network on (01) 475 0224 or booking online at www.musicnetwork.ie.
Gabriel Fauré, Après un rêve, Op. 7, No.1
Gabriel Fauré, Élégie, Op.24
Camille Saint-Saëns, Deuxième Sonate, Op. 123 in F major
- Maestoso, largamente
- Scherzo con variazioni. Allegro animato
- Romanza: Poco adagio
- Allegro non troppo, grazioso
Kevin Volans, for Bob
Franz Liszt, Première Élégie, S.130
Johannes Brahms, Cello Sonata No. 1 in E-minor, Op.38
- Allegro non troppo
- Allegretto quasi menuetto
FOR LISTINGS EDITORS
Emmanuelle Bertrand, cello
Pascal Amoyel, piano
On tour 21 - 30 March
- Tuesday 21st March, Warrenpoint Town Hall, 8:00 p.m., £15 / £5 (children), Tel. 0044 28 30828632 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org/ newrychambermusic.com, promoted by Newry Chamber Music
- Wednesday 22nd March, St. Ann's Church, Dublin 2, 8:00 p.m., €20 / €15(OAPs)/ €10 (students), Tel. 01 4750224/www.musicnetwork.ie , promoted by Music Network
- Thursday 23rd March, CIT Cork School of Music (Curtis Auditorium), Cork, 8:00 p.m., €20 / €15 / €10 at the door only, promoted by Cork Orchestral Society
- Friday 24th March, The Model, Sligo, 8:00 p.m., €20 / €10 (students on the night) Tel. 071 9141405/www.themodel.ie, promoted by Con Brio
- Sunday 26th March, St. Iberius Church, Wexford, 3:30 p.m., €17 / €14 / €5 (students), Tel. 053 9122144 (National Opera House)/www.nationaloperahouse.ie, promoted by Music for Wexford
- Monday 27th March, Station House Theatre, Clifden, 8:00 p.m., €15 / €12 at the door, Tel. 095 21699 (info only), promoted by Clifden Arts Society
- Tuesday 28th March, Pavilion Theatre, Dún Laoghaire, 8:00 p.m., €18 / €16, Tel. 01 2312929/www.paviliontheatre.ie
- Wednesday 29th March, Siamsa Tíre, Tralee, 8:00 p.m., €16 / €14 Tel. 066 7123055/www.siamsatire.com
- Thursday 30th March, City Hall (Georgian Large Room), Waterford, 7:30 p.m., Tel. €15 / €5 (students) at the door only, promoted by Waterford Music
For further information/images, please contact: Louise Walsh, Communications Manager, Music Network: (01) 475 0224 or email@example.com