Music Network presents Phronesis jazz trio on a six-date Irish tour from 4 - 9 February
07 January 2015
“One of the most exciting bands on the planet today” – JAZZWISE
“Phronesis creates music from the heart and soul and makes the world just that little bit better” – ALL ABOUT JAZZ
Brace yourself for a slice of Nordic noir as jazz trio Phronesis - hailed as “the most exciting and imaginative piano trio since EST” (Jon Newey, editor JAZZWISE) - bring their intelligent and dynamic sound on a Music Network tour from 4 – 9 February. Expect explosive live performances packed with intricate bass lines, hypnotic grooves and spiralling piano patterns. Making live music happen across the country, Music Network provides an opportunity to see some of the world’s foremost musicians at affordable prices, funded by the Arts Council.
Phronesis have more than lived up to expectations, evolving into one of the most exhilarating jazz trios in Europe while attracting rave reviews and a slew of awards along the way. Their legendary live performances with killer riffs and pulsing grooves have captured the hearts and minds of audiences from Sydney to Monterey.
Phronesis is defined by the extraordinary empathy and interplay between the three musicians. At the heart of the band sits the big-toned bass of Dane Jasper Høiby, framed by the delicate lyricism of British pianist Ivo Neame and the serpentine polyrhythms of Swedish drummer Anton Eger. It’s a unique, uncompromising sound, using Høiby’s original compositions as a launch pad for collective conjuring where genre-bending and risk-taking is the norm.
An exceptional line-up of Irish and international musicians visit 20 towns and villages across 17 counties in Music Network’s 2015 Spring Season. Music Network tours are funded by the Arts Council and are presented in association with RTÉ lyric fm. Tickets for all regional concerts are available from individual venues around the country. Single tickets for Dublin are available from €13 and can be purchased by calling Music Network on (01) 475 0224 or booking online here.
Jasper Høiby, double bass
Ivo Neame, piano
Anton Eger, drums
On Tour 4 – 9 February 2015
- Wednesday 4 February: Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge (8pm, €15 / €12, 045 448327 / riverbank.ie)
- Thursday 5 February: Triskel Christchurch, Cork (8pm, €18 / €16, 021 4272022 / triskelartscentre.ie)
- Friday 6 February: The Dock, Carrick-on-Shannon (8:30pm, €15 / €12, 071 9650828 / thedock.ie)
- Saturday 7 February: Regional Cultural Centre, Letterkenny (8pm, €12 / €10, 074 9120777 (An Grianán) / regionalculturalcentre.com)
- Sunday 8 February: Whelan’s, Dublin 2 (8pm, €18 / €13, 01 4750224 / musicnetwork.ie) Promoted by Music Network
- Monday 9 February: Linenhall Arts Centre, Castlebar (8pm, €16 / €14, 094 9023733 / thelinenhall.com)
For more details, please see here.