Covid-19 Audience Safety Information & Terms and Conditions of Booking
- To reduce the risk of infection, we ask that patrons do not attend if feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 as described on the HSE's website. Tickets will be refunded up to 24 hours in advance if a patron feels unwell or is experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19. Please inform us at the earliest possible time to allow us to try to resell your ticket.
- All tickets must be booked in advance online, or by calling our box office on 085 1662391. It will not be possible to purchase a ticket at the door.
- An up to date contact number for each patron must be provided when purchasing ticket(s), in order to assist authorities with contact tracing in the event that a confirmed case of Covid-19 arises.
- Your booking confirmation email will include an e-ticket. E-ticket(s) can be displayed on your smartphone or pre-printed at home.
- Once purchased, to facilitate contact tracing, ticket(s) cannot be exchanged.
- Group bookings are restricted to a maximum of 6 people from no more than 2 different households at this time.
- The venue does not have numbered seating. When you arrive a member of staff will direct you to your seat, ensuring that a physical distance of 2 metres is maintained around your household group. To help us manage this process, we kindly ask that you don’t enter the venue until all members of your group have arrived.
- Household groups wishing to sit together must book tickets on the same transaction.
- Hand sanitiser stations are located at the venue and we ask you to sanitise your hands on arrival, and throughout your visit as necessary.
- Please note that face masks must be worn inside St Ann's Church at all times, in keeping with current Government mandate.
- A one-way system will be in place, with entry through the front doors and exit only through the back door, stage left.
- We would advise audience members to arrive at the venue at least 10 minutes but no earlier than 30 minutes before published starting time.
- Patrons must maintain a distance of at least 2 metres while queuing and moving through the venue and should remain in their assigned seat or location for the duration of the performance.
- In order to ensure safe physical distancing is maintained late entry may not be permitted.
- Programme notes will be digitised and will be made available online.
- Recording equipment of any kind is strictly prohibited in venues, and no recording or filming of any show or venue is permitted. Mobile phones must be turned off.
- The resale of tickets through a third party vendor and/or agent is strictly prohibited.
- Music Network reserves the right to refuse admission to any patron.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute artists, change concert & performance venues and to vary advertised programmes as necessary.
We are pleased to bring live music to audiences once again and we are doing all we can to promote a healthy concert environment. In doing so, we also rely on patrons to keep recommended self-care in mind for their safety and the safety of others.
We will continue to review and manage any risks and to respond to changes in Government guidelines. In the event that it becomes necessary to amend the above Ts & Cs between the time of ticket purchase and the concert, we will notify purchasers by email. If you have any queries, please get in touch at email@example.com.