Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, Siobhan Miller, Damien Mullane & Anna Massie presented by Music Network
28 November 2018
“One of the earthiest and most distinctive voices, not just in traditional circles, but anywhere” – The Irish Times [on Nic Amhlaoibh]
“One of the best Scottish traditional singers on the planet” - Folk Roots [on Miller]
“A subtlety of approach to his art that leaves you in awe of the simplistic beauty of it all” – Irish Music Magazine [on Mullane]
“Anna Massie’s deft banjo and guitar compelling at the heart” - MOJO
Kickstart the year with a vocal match made in heaven, featuring the ethereal voice of award-winning Scottish songstress Siobhan Miller and the honeyed tones of Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh on tour 16th – 26th January 2019, details at musicnetwork.ie. The Corca Dhuibhne singer and flautist Nic Amhlaoibh and Scots songbird Miller will be joined by accordionist extraordinaire Damien Mullane and the stylish accompaniment of Anna Massie on guitar showcasing a variety of traditional Irish and Scots songs and tunes alongside exciting contemporary material. Expect these players to strike sparks off each other!
Winner of the 2018 BBC Radio 2 Folk Award for Best Traditional Track, Miller has been lauded as “the finest young interpreter of Scots traditional song”, while highly-acclaimed singer and flautist Nic Amhlaoibh (recent winner of RTÉ Folk Awards 'Best Traditional Folk Track of the Year') is best known for her performances as a solo artist and with Irish super group Danú, and her work as a TV and radio presenter.
Gifted accordionist Damien Mullane brings his unique creative talents to the collaboration. Winner of numerous All-Ireland titles on both accordion and melodeon, Mullane has collaborated with stars from a wide range of genres including Ronnie Wood, James Taylor and Sting. Completing the line-up, fleet-fingered guitarist and banjo player Anna Massie is renowned for her work with Blazin’ Fiddles and such luminaries as Bella Hardy, Julie Fowlis, Kate Rusby, Capercaillie and Eddi Reader.
Music Network’s mission is to make live music available and accessible to as many people as possible, giving Irish audiences the chance to experience the very best in international chamber, jazz, roots and traditional music in venues throughout Ireland at affordable prices. All tours are co-promoted with a network of valued partner promoters across the country in order to develop local capacity to provide musical activity. In addition, Music Network connects its tours with music education programmes and groups around the country including Music Generation participants, primary, second and third level students, Music Capital Scheme awardees, and music schools and groups nationwide.
Also this Spring, Claire Duff and Benjamin Alard will remind us why Bach’s music continues to inspire and move audiences worldwide over 250 years after his death, and Grammy Award-winning singer Rhiannon Giddens and Francesco Turrisi whisk you away on a globe- and genre-trotting musical tour. If you are still up for more, April brings the passionate and vibrant cello playing of Raphaela Gromes with her long-term collaborator Julian Riem, and in a rousing season finale, things step up a gear with French-Canadian folk supergroup De Temps Antan.
Music Network tours are funded by the Arts Council. Tickets for all regional concerts are available from individual venues (booking fees may apply), single tickets for Dublin concerts range from €10 – €20 (including complimentary programme) and can be purchased by calling Music Network on (01) 475 0224 or booking online at www.musicnetwork.ie. All our concerts offer great music at very reasonable prices, but our Season Tickets for Dublin city centre concerts offer particularly outstanding value for money from just €65. Online booking fees apply.
FOR LISTINGS EDITORS
Music Network presents Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, Siobhan Miller, Damien Mullane and Anna Massie (Ireland/Scotland) on tour 16th – 26th January 2019
Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, voice/flute
Siobhan Miller, voice
Damien Mullane, accordion/melodeon
Anna Massie, guitar
On Tour 16th – 26th January 2019
- Wednesday 16th January, 8pm, The Sugar Club, Leeson Street, Dublin 2, €20 / €15 / €10, 01-4750224 / musicnetwork.ie, promoted by Music Network
- Thursday 17th January, 8.30pm, The Dock, Carrick-On-Shannon, €16 / €14, 071-9650828 / thedock.ie
- Friday 18th January, 8pm, Droichead Arts Centre, Drogheda, €16 / €14, 041-9833946 / droichead.com
- Saturday 19th January, 8pm, Regional Cultural Centre, Letterkenny, €15 / €12, 074-9120777 (An Grianán) / regionalculturalcentre.com
- Sunday 20th January, 8pm, Pavilion Theatre, Dún Laoghaire, €20 / €18 / €10, 01-2312929 / paviliontheatre.ie
- Tuesday 22nd January, 8pm, National Opera House, Wexford, €17 / €15, 053-9122144 / nationaloperahouse.ie
- Wednesday 23rd January, 8pm, Station House Theatre, Clifden, €15 / €12 (on the door), 095-21699 (info only), promoted by Clifden Arts Society
- Thursday 24th January, 8pm, St. John’s Theatre & Arts Centre, Listowel, €15 / €12, 068-22566
- Friday 25th January, 8.30pm, Ionad Cultúrtha, Baile Mhúirne, €20 / €15, 026-45733
- Saturday 26th January, 8pm, Birr Theatre & Arts Centre, €18 / €16 / €10 (under 13), 057-9122199 / birrtheatre.com
For further information/images please contact:
Ailsing Halligan, PR & Marketing Officer, Music Network: (01) 4750224 or firstname.lastname@example.org