Young Musicwide is a unique professional development scheme designed to assist a selected group of Ireland's brightest young musicians at the beginning of their professional career. Through an annual audition process, an Irish or Ireland based ensemble, with a proven interest in performance is selected annually to participate in the Young Musicwide Award programme for three years. Modeled on international examples, Young Musicwide is designed to provide selected ensembles with an incentive to pursue a professional career in music performance, and to provide promoters nationwide with access to the very best of emerging Irish talent.
The deadline for the Young Musicwide Award 2012 is Monday 16th July 2012.
The main features of the award are:
• Performance opportunities with Music Network partner promoters in Ireland with an agreed fee and expenses for each concert
• Concert promotion
• Subsidised production of a professional CD
• Marketing tools such as a professional photoshoot and print materials
• Training opportunities e.g. master classes/workshops
• Inclusion for one member of the group on Music Network continuing professional development courses
• A national showcase tour
• An invitation to the group, subject to agreement, to join the Music Network Artist Roster after a three-year period
Previous recipients of the award are as follows:
- The Callino Quartet (2001)
- Voice and piano duo Ailish Tynan and Deborah Kelleher (2002)
- Clarinetist Carol McGonnell (2003)
- Organics jazz trio (2004)
- Traditional group Slide (2005)
- Piano, cello and violin trio The Syrius Trio (2006)
- Harp, flute and viola trio, Triocca (2006)
- Trihornophone jazz quartet (2007)
- Fidil traditional Irish group (2008)
- Piano quartet, the Cappa Ensemble (2009)
- Jazz quintet, Thought-Fox (2010)
- Traditional group We Banjo 3 (2011)
- For further details contact Andreas Ziemons
- Download application form here.
- Please note: Ensembles should normally have an average age of no more than 27 years.