Music Network offers a range of performance opportunities to both Irish and international artists, via the following programmes and schemes.
Music Network Touring Programme
As determined by our Arts Council brief, Music Network curates tours in the classical, jazz/world and traditional Irish music genres only. Irish and Ireland based artists representing other musical genres should instead consider applying to the Arts Council's Touring and Dissemination of Work Scheme for concert and touring opportunities.
Participation in the Music Network Touring Programme is by invitation only.
Please note - currently the Music Network touring schedule is full throughout the next 3 - 4 seasons so there are no tour slots available, in any genre, for 18 - 24 months. Should you wish to be considered for a Music Network tour beyond that time you should send an information pack including biographies, reviews, sound/video recordings, photographs, fee expectation, and some imaginative programmes/performance ideas to The Performance Programmes Manager, Music Network, National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland, or email here.
To review the artists that have toured with Music Network since October 2000 please visit the Music Network Concerts Archive.
Music Network Artist Roster
Music Network offers stand-alone concert opportunities throughout the Republic of Ireland to artists via its roster of classical, jazz and Irish traditional musicians.
Participation in the Music Network Artist Roster is by invitation only. Artists of a professional performing standard are selected using the following criteria:
- Artistic quality
- Instrumentation (e.g. whether the artist/ensemble in question’s instrumentation is currently sufficiently represented on the roster)
- Repertoire (e.g. whether the artist/ensemble in question brings something new to the Artist Roster line-up in terms of the repertoire they wish to perform)
- Communication skills
- Flexibility (including whether or not the artist/ensemble in question would be open to undertaking outreach activities linked to concerts)
- Likely promoter/audience appeal/marketability
- Career stage (aiming to offer support to artists/ensembles at different stages in their career development)
For more information, please contact the Performance Programmes Manager, Music Network, National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, or email here.
New Generation Award
Music Network offers performance opportunities specifically for young, emerging artists through the New Generation Award, a unique professional development scheme, open to classical, jazz and Irish traditional musicians. Find out more…